A classic family favourite that is easy to prepare and is guaranteed to tantalise your taste buds.
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 can Italian tomatoes
- 1 OXO Beef stock cube
- tablespoon tomato paste
- 1-2 Garlic cloves - crushed
- 1 large onion - diced
- 1 large carrot - finely chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) button mushrooms (thick-sliced)
- tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup (125ml) red wine (optional)
- Choice of pasta
- Heat oil in frypan and add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently for 1-2 minutes.
- Add mince, stirring occasionally to remove lumps until almost brown.
- Crumble OXO Beef stock cube, stirring thoroughly. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, carrots, mushrooms and wine (optional), Stirring thoroughly.
- Cover and simmer on a low heat for a further 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to pack directions.
- Sprinkle with your favourite parmesan cheese.