Lemon & Rosemary Lamb Shanks
Great comfort food on colder days.
- 6 trimmed lamb shanks
- 2 tablespoons seasoned plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled and cut inot wedges
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 litre OXO Beef Stock (4 cubes made up)
- Pinch nutmeg
- ½ - ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup cream
- Fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Coat lamb shanks with seasoned flour.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan and brown lamb shanks evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is browned around the edges.
- Combine roasted vegetables, OXO Vegetable Stock and nutmeg in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Puree soup with a stick blender then stir in milk and reheat without boiling.
- Serve topped with a swirl of cream and garnish with parsely leaves.