Roasted Cauiflower Soup
Great comfort food on colder days.
- 1 brown onion peeled and cut into 1cm slices
- 1 couliflower trimmed and cut inot 1cm slices
- Spray oil
- Salt and while pepper
- 1 litre OXO Vegetable stock (4 cubes made up)
- Pinch nutmeg
- ½ - ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup cream
- Fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Place sliced onion and cauliflower onto a large greased oven tray and spray lightly with oil.
- Season with salt and while pepper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is browned around the edges.
- Combine roasted vegetables, OXO Vegetable Stock and nutmeg in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Puree soup with a stick blender then stir in milk and reheat without boiling.
- Serve topped with a swirl of cream and garnish with parsely leaves.