Quick, fresh and easy to prepare, Satays are a light, but very tasty meal.
- 500g breast chicken
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- 1 OXO Chicken stock cube
- tablespoon (15ml) soy sauce
- garlic clove - crushed
- chilli powder to taste
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) crunchy peanut butter; 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil; 1/2 onion finely diced; 1 OXO Chicken stock cube or OXO Vegetable Stock cube; 1 1/2 (22.5ml) tablespoon soy sauce; 1 garlic clove; chilli powder; 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- Cut chicken into small cubes and insert on skewers.
- Mix ingredients to create marinade and pour over skewers.
- Leave in fridge for minimum 30 mins.
- Cook skewers in frypan or on BBQ until tender.
- For the Satay Sauce, heat oil in frypan and add onion and garlic. Add peanut butter, OXO Chicken flavoured stock cube, soy sauce and chilli powder to taste. Slowly add water to obtain the right consistency.
- Place skewers on serving plate and pour over satay sauce.
- Serve with rice and stirfry vegetables.
Try the satay sauce as a dip, served with prawn crackers - Mmmmmm!!