You can make this Mexican Bean Dip as chilli hot as you like. Serve with lots of tortilla chips. Muchos Yumos!
- 400g tin four bean mix
- 1 small onion - diced
- 1 cup (250ml) crushed tomatoes or pasta sauce
- tablespoon (15ml) cooking oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) sour light cream (optional)
- small garlic clove
- 2 OXO Vegetable stock cubes
- level teaspoon ground cumin
- Chilli powder to your taste
- Heat oil in small saucepan. Add diced onion and garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Drain bean mix before adding beans to saucepan.
- Stir and mash beans to create a paste.
- Add cushed tomatoes, crumbled OXO Vegetable stock cubes, cumin and chilli powder to taste.
- Simmer for 3 mins and stir in cheese.
- Serve with dollop of sour cream.
- Use corn chips to dip.
Serve with shredded lettuce, onion, capsicum and avocado to make a complete meal for two.