An all time classic that everyone will love - great for Sunday nights when you want a quick, easy and casual meal.
Serves 4 - 6
- 500g pumpkin cut into pieces
- 1-2 medium potatoes cut into pieces Small diced onion
- 2 OXO Chicken or Vegetable stock cubes
- Tablespoon (15ml) olive oil (or substitute other cooking oil)
- Heat oil in large saucepan and add pumpkin, potato and onion.
- Stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Dissolve the OXO stock into 2 cups of boiling water and add to saucepan.
- Simmer with lid on until pumpkin and potato are cooked (approx 10-15 mins).
- Remove from heat and blend in food processor until texture is smooth.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Add 1/2 cup sour lite cream when blending for a creamier texture.
For curry lovers, add two teaspoons of curry powder before simmering!