For a healthier rice option with lots of texture and flavour.
Serves 4 - 6
- 1 x 25g sachet OXO Concentrated Liquid Vegetable Stock
- 3 cups (750ml) water
- ½ cup (125ml) brown lentils
- 1 cup (250ml) long grain rice
- ½ cup (125ml) fresh coriander or basil, chopped
- Add the water, OXO Concentrated Vegetable Stock and lentils into a pot and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice, cooking gently for 15 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and leave to stand with the lid tightly closed for 10 minutes.
- Fork through the chopped coriander or basil and serve.
Add a little lemon zest to the rice for a something a little different! Excellent for freezing and if you require more, simply double the recipe.