A quick and easy week night treat.
- 4 chicken breast fillets, skinned and boned
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon (45ml) olive or canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- ½ teaspoon (2.5ml) ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons (7.5ml) ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25ml) turmeric
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) lemon juice
- 2 x 25g sachets OXO Concentrated Liquid Chicken Stock
- 2 cups (500ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (250ml) quick cooking couscous
- ½ cup (50g) flaked almonds (lightly toasted)
- 2-3 tablespoons (30-45ml) honey
- Slit the breasts, on the side, lengthways and butterfly open.
- Season with salt & black pepper and coat with olive oil.
- Briefly cook in a non stick frying pan. Remove from pan, cover and leave at room temperature.
- Sauté the onion in the remaining oil until soft and golden.
- Add the chilli, cinnamon, cumin and turmeric.
- Cook over low heat, stirring to prevent the spices from scorching, for about 20 seconds only.
- Add the chopped tomato, lemon rind, lemon juice, OXO Concentrated Liquid Chicken Stock, water and couscous and bring to the boil for 2 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken into fine slices against the grain. Fork the chicken through the couscous and reheat briefly.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds and drizzle with honey.
- Optional garnish, coriander.