A quick and tasty meal all in one!
Serves 4 - 5
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoon (60ml) basil pesto
- 2 tablespoon (30ml) peanut or canola oil
- 200-250g sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cups (1 litre) of water
- 4 x 25g sachets OXO Concentrated Liquid Chicken Stock
- 1 cup (250ml) small pasta shells
- 2 tablespoon (30ml) soy sauce
- ½ bunch pak choi or baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced finely
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) fresh lemon juice
- Make 3-4 diagonal slashes into each breast and rub basil pesto over the breasts and into the slashes.
- Place breasts on a plate and microwave open on 70% power for 6 minutes. Leave to rest.
- Sauté the mushrooms and garlic in the oil until limp, then add the water, OXO Concentrated Liquid Chicken Stock and pasta shells.
- Simmer for 8 minutes until the pasta is cooked.
- Add the soy sauce, greens and sliced chilli, bring to the boil for one minute only.
- Slice the pre-cooked chicken breasts on the diagonal.
- Add the sliced chicken to the broth and just bring to the boil, once at boil immediately remove the pan from the heat.
- Taste and add seasoning and lemon juice. Serve in soup plates with fresh bread on the side.