A twist to a classic Italian recipe. Our Golden Roast Pumpkin Risotto using our vegetable stock cubes is bellisimo!
- 1kg pumpkin - peeled and cut into 2-3cm cubes.
- 1 cup arborio rice.
- Large onion finely diced.
- 2 Garlic cloves - crushed.
- Small bunch of coriander or chives finely chopped.
- Parmesan cheese - shaved or grated.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 4 OXO chicken or vegetable stock cubes - made up to make up 1Ltr Stock.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Brush pumpkin pieces with olive oil and place on tray in oven for 20 mins or until roasted and tender.
- Heat olive oil in large frypan, then add onion and garlic.
- Add rice, stirring briskly to coat with oil.
- Progressively add the liquid stock, while stirring regularly for 20 mins.
- Add pumpkin and stir for 5-10 mins.
- If necessary add extra water or stock, so that the dish remains moist. Stir in corinander and serve with grated or shaved parmesan. Yum!
Try replacing up to 1/2 cup water used in the stock with the equivalent amount of a dry white wine.